Thursday 31 January 2013

Tutti Fruitti Sinful Colors Mani

Tuesday's French lessons descending into a full blown discussion on all things "Maquillage" - one area where my French vocabulary is particularly strong. Turns out my French teacher adores the make up as much as I. We discussed (at length) MAC foundations and brushes, an Italian brand called Kiko that I am looking forward to trying, Make Up Forever and a great deal about Sephora. She also happened to mention a brand of nail polish sold in Galleries Lafayette called Sinful Colors, which are without formaldehyde, toluene and DBP. So The very next day I swung by Galleries and had a look. They do an exclusive range for Galleries Lafayette (They are an American company) and it's pretty massive! I picked up a special edition 3 pack called Les "must" du moment - usually €14.90 but was half price in the sale so even better value! The colours included are Jaune Pastel, Poudre and a neon yet pastel pink simply called 920.



Left To Right, Sinful Colors Nailpolish in Jaune Pastel, 920 and Poudre



They set me all in the mood of my favourite penny sweets, Tutti Fruitti and here is a super quick mani I out together with all three colours. It's ended up more Club Tropicana than Tutti Fruitti I fear but I love the colours all the same.


Application wise The base colour, Poudre, is the hardest to work with, a little bit streaky. It took 3 coats to get right and even then after leaving to dry it go some nicks in it. Saying that it looked awesome all on it's own, very modern. The Jaune Pastel is a lovely colour, perfect for summer, my yellow tips need two thin coats and the consistency felt good. The out right winner is the 920. Pastel and neon at the same time! Wonderful. Plus it applied like a dream and only took one coat to be completely even for my tips.



I did then completely do away with all the goodness of Sinful Colours being "The Big 3" free by slathering on my trusty Seche Vite topcoat. I love that stuff, it's the closest thing in tradition nail varnish to the effect of gel nails, super shiny and tough. If the ever brilliant Wah Nails use it on nearly ever Manicure then why shouldn't I?

Ohh The Shine of the Seche Vite

I highly recommend giving these well priced and very vibrant polished a go, particularly if you like to keep your nail polish as chemical free as possible. For me 920 is the winner but I know I'll wear all three colours a lot. From reading the website it would seem that Sinful Colours are available in the US and Canada, but no mention of good ol' Blighty .... but that's what ebay and amazon.com are for! Anyone else tired this brand and have colour recommendations for me?


Bisous, Jemma xxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com