Monday 19 August 2013

La Roche-Posay Serozinc Review is Here!

I came by this via the wonderful Expat Makeup Addict blog who in turn lead me onto Skin Care Goddess and all round witty lady Caroline Hirons. Caroline mentioned Serozinc on her blog way back in January and it is only last week that I trooped around the corner (such a distance!) to my nearest pharmacie to get my grubby little hands on a tin. It's a beautiful thing even to look at, the bright blue and it's clean white lines. I approve already!

Yours and Mine Favourite Cult Toner, Setozinc by La Roche-Posay
 In an instant it provides a really lovely, refreshing sensation and for me even if that was all it acheived I'd be happy and would continue to use it, especially living in a hot climate. I really love the spray mechanisim. There is no spitting and it provides a fine, wide misting, not an over powered punch in the face or a tiny, uneven squirt. Again, the simplicity makes me very happy indeed.

And a simple solution it is too, Thermal Mineral Water, Zinc Sulfate and Sodium Chloride are the active ingredients and as the name suggests, it's the properties of zinc that really sing here. The zinc helps to bind moisture into your skin, something which other "refreshing" sprays often lack. Often with those, once the water has evaporated from your face you may find that it took some of the moisture from your skin too. C'est ne pas bon. Serozinc is essentially a mild astrigent (step forward Sodium Chloride) with sebum reducing properties but due to it's hydrating properties it is excellent for combination skin. Zinc is also known for it's acne busting properties as it is antibacterial, I think this is the reason that so many people see great results from Serozinc.

My Experience

I have sat on this review for a while, despite instantly falling in love, I wanted to give Serozinc at least 5 days of testing to give an honest review.  I would say that I have combination skin and I am prone to a shiny face, especially in this summer heat. In the winter I can get dry patches too. I have been using Serozinc The Hiron's Way - I.E. After cleansing, left for a couple minutes then patted into the skin. I can't tell you how great it feels upon application and afterwards my skin feels soothed and plumped. In all honesty on days 3 and 4 I got a little pimply, but that does often happen to me and by day 5 I was clear as a summer sky again. I have never stuck to using a toner before but this is so quick, easy and for me the results mean I doubt I'll be giving up my Serozinc addiction any time soon!

Read more about My latest French Pharmacie Haul here.

Do you use a toner and find it an essential step? Have you managed to get your hands on serozinc?

1 comments:

Ami White said...

great review.. I think I may have to make this my payday purchase!

www.ami-white.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com