Thursday 15 August 2013

NOTD Rant and Rave

Today I sat down to repaint my nails and it didn't quite go to plan, Read on to see why

OPI Party At My Cabana, Chanel Particuliere and my extremely(!) tatty Sally Hansen Hard As Nails


Ebay Nail Art Stickers - Shoddy at best
These were the culprit. I bought a pack of nail art stickers to help with keeping mani lines straight and what not a while back but hadn't used any of them. I had envisioned a raspberry sherbet nail with a chevron of chocolate across the tip. I was using OPI Party at my Cabana and Chanel Particuliere. 

I painted my nails in the OPI and left it an hour or so before applying the nail stickers, I noticed they were quite sticky so stuck them to my skin a few times first, just in case. Then I applied my 2 coats of Chanel and waited another half hour. The stickers were still way to harsh, not only did they tear of my nail varnish, they tore off some layers of my actual nail too. Not happy at all. As a note the two colours are really wonderful together!

OPI Party At My Cabana and Sally Hansen Top Coat
After all that I only had time to pop on a flat colour and went with OPI Party At My Cabana becuase it is currently my HG varnish and the Rave of this blog post. It is both bright yet slightly dusky and very glossy, with a quick Sally Henson top coat it looks stunning. The overall result is very polished and sophisticated but it still has a real punch. J'adore. It is from the South Beach collection but you can still find them floating about, I suggest you add it to your stash!

So now I am looking for nail sticker alternatives, do you have any suggestions?

Bisous, Jemma xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com