Tuesday 13 August 2013

DIY Dark Green With Gold Shimmer Frankenpolish

Monday is usually my Paint-My-Nails Day and whilst nail art is certainly not my strongest suit I still love to give it a go and try to mix things up on the nail front. Today I took that very literally and mixed two of my favourite shades - OPI in Glitzerland which is a pale gold/champagne and almost looks like a foil when dry and Illamasqua in Rampage which is a very shiny racing green. 

I shall call it Glitzer Rampage - Original Huh?


Mix Mix Mix! 
It really is very simple, I used the most glamorous of accessories - a disposable plastic plate - and a cotton bud and mixed both nail polishes together in equal parts. Of course there is no stopping there, some times I use three of more shades, or sometimes only a tiny percentage of one just to subtly change the colour. I am really pleased with the colour and both shades are well lasting on their own so fingers crossed this will last through the week!

What do you think of my DIY nail colour? Do you often mix your own shades?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com