Tuesday 13 August 2013

French Pharmacie Haul Part 2, Including La Roche-Posay Serozinc

I had a little time to kill pre-French class today so headed into one of the many pharmacies local to me, honestly the stereotype is true - there are at least two pharmacies on every darn street. These wonderful caverns of beauty goodies make me truly happy and I spent at least an hour in one of my favourites today. I came away with a really nice haul and unusually for me I came away with plenty of unresearched products, perhaps I should have learnt my lesson after my unresearched Phyto Haul, Here, but who cares - Take a look at these beauties.

Rene Furterer Colour Protect UV Spray, Klorane Mango Butter Conditioner, La Roche-Posay Serozinc, Uriage SPF 50+ Fluid, SLA Mother of Pearl Shadow, SLA Reflects Gold Glitter


Here is my haul low-down; A quick recap of the things that came home with me 1, so you can be nosey and 2, so you can follow me via GFC, Bloglovin, Twitter and what not in case you want to see a full review of one of these products in the near future! 
La Roche-Posay Serozinc
The Product:
A product that needs no introduction, La Roche-Posay's Serozinc, I am lucky enough to be able to walk round the corner and pick it up off the shelf. I can hear the abuse ringing through the internet from you lovely UK ladies!
The Price:
€6.45
Why Did I Choose to Purchase It?:
I have an admission of guilt for you here, I don't tone. I have never toned. My night time routine consists of Bioderma micellar water and a moisturiser. My morning routine? A Bioderma milk cleanser in the shower, more moisturiser. These are the only things I stick too. I have a whole host of other products I use as I when I feel like it but not one of them is a toner and by all accounts this is the toner to have. The wonderful, funny and no-nonsense skin goddess Caroline Hirons (www.beautymouth.com) speaks very highly of this so into the basket it went. 

Klorane Hydrating Mango Butter Conditioner
The Product:
Klorane Hydrating Conditioner with Mango Butter
The Price:
€7.98
Why Did I Choose to Purchase It?:
I need a new conditioner - I am racing through my current one as I dump a load of it into my hair dyes and hair masks. Klorane is a great hair brand, everyone raves about their dry shampoo, plus this conditioner is sulphate free, although it does have 2 cones in it. It is also not specifically for coloured hair, but it was a toss up between the Hydrating Mango and the Colour Care Pomegranate versions. I chose the Mango because I need moisture in my hair desperately, plus the mango had an extra 50ml in it for free - Couldn't say no to that! 

Rene Furterer Okara UV & Color Protection Spray
The Product:
Rene Furterer Okara UV & Color Protection Radience Enhancing Leave in Spray
(Sweet Lord what a name!)
The Price:
€13.98 but I got 20% off making it €11.18
Why Did I Choose to Purchase It?:
After my first failed foray into UV protection sprays for my hair (See Here for details) I went out hunting for more options. This seems to be a much lighter product, not oil based and describes itself as a conditioning spray with 2 UV filters. Boom! 

Plus it is Colour safe and sulfate free - Fingers crossed this is my dream product! 

Uriage Hyéac Fluid SPF 50+
The Product:
Uriage Hyéac Fluid SPF 50+ for Oily to Combination Skin
The Price:
€9.95 but again I recieved 20% off making it €7.96
Why Did I Choose to Purchase It?:
I am starting to get some faint sun spots on my face from all the sun I am exposing myself to (#SouthOfFranceProblems) and I am totally freckle prone so have been looking for a high SPF for my face for a while. I know very little about this brand but the price point is great, it filters UVA and UVB, It is a truly high SPF, is photostable plus it claims to be mattifying and moisturising in a light,easily absorbed formula. Why would you not put it in your basket?!

SLA Loose Powder in Mother-Of-Pearls and SLA Fine Shining Spangles in White Reflects Gold
The Product:
SLA Loose Powder in Mother-Of-Pearls - I think, I couldn't really work the name out from the packaging the shade may be called Nacre Exclusive? Also SLA Fine Shining Spangles (Gotta love a direct translation on the packet) in White Reflects Gold
The Price:
€5 each in the clearance bin
Why Did I Choose to Purchase It?:
I can't resist a beauty clearance bin. Oh God, how many admissions do I need to make in one post? Now not only do I not tone but I am cheap too. 

There was a whole jumble of attractive looking products in a giant bowl all priced at €5 so I spent a good while leafing through them and subtly testing where I could. France is very anti-testing, opening anything up even to smell it is frowned upon. I managed a cheeky swipe of a loose powder with out its box and was impressed by the pigmentation so in to the basket the loose powder went. Now the glitter, or fine shining spangles if you will, is utterly mesmerising and I am not a glitter kinda girl. I hate sparkle normally, a hint of shimmer maybe but certainly, under no circumstances will there be glitter on my face. Until today, apparently. It is also damn hard to photograph, I've included an out of focus shot to show the reflections but trust me, from a glitter hater - This is about the prettiest, finest glitter I have ever seen. 

I currently know nothing of the brand other than it is developed by it's name sake, a makeup artist called Serge Louis Alvarez. I have some googling to do!

Out of focus shot to show the gold reflections
The I-am-not-really-sure-of-the-name Loose Powder
I hope you enjoyed this Haul, I will be testing these products so make sure you are following on all the relevant channels to see my full reviews! 

Bisous! Jemma xoxo

2 comments:

Brigitte Honeybee said...

such an amazin haul. i cant wait for the reviews! suncream has been my bestfriend this summer!

from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

Unknown said...

Hi Brigitte,

Thanks for taking a look. I couldn't survive with out decent SPF, I'd look like one of those old ladies with wrinkly old leathery skin, except that I would still be pale with it too!

Check back for those reviews, Hint - I am already loving the Serozinc! It's a keeper.

Bisous, Jemma xoxo

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com